Sunday, November 14, 2010

Berry Banana Oatmeal Muffins

Berry Banana Oatmeal Muffins: " I always buy a ton of fruit when I go grocery shopping. I always have this grand idea that one day I'll start eating a lot healthier than I currently do. Without fail, by the the end of the week, the fruit starts to look sub-par, and once again, I start feeling a little guilty. Muffins are a great way to sneak in the fruit you just didn't get around to eating. Here is what I made with my left over raspberries, blueberries, and bananas.

Berry Banana Oatmeal Muffins

  • 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup blueberries, rinsed and drained
  • 1 cup raspberries, rinsed and drained
  • 2 small ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
  • 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions
1. Pre-heat oven to 400'F. Combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix in milk, egg, and oil. Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Add bananas

2. Fold raspberries, blueberries and walnuts into the batter.

3. Line muffin pan with paper liners, and fill cups 2/3 of the way. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the muffins. Allow to cool, and enjoy.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment