Sunday, November 14, 2010

Salted Caramel Ice Cream

Salted Caramel Ice Cream: "

Salted Caramel Icecream


There’s just something about ice cream. I’ve been reminiscing about all kinds of events in my past, from my childhood, my teenage years, great summers and all sorts of celebrations and many of the happy memories involve my favourite treat of all: ice cream!


For instance, when I think back to past family holidays, whether they be day trips to the beach in Torquay or holidays driving along the coast all the way to Brisbane or even the trip I took to the States when I was 10, I remember eating LOTS of ice cream. I remember our trip to sunny Queensland when I was 8, driving for what seemed like eternity along the eastern coast, right in the heart of summer and was just so damn hot, with the temperature in the mid 40s everyday.  There is nothing worse for a kid (or a anyone for that matter) than to be stuck inside a hot car for hours on end and with nothing but a Gameboy and Tetris to keep me occupied (fun things like iPods and the Nintendo DSi weren’t invented yet) and on that trip, nothing made me happier than to stop at a service station, to get out of the sticky car, stretch my legs and cooling down with an icypole (aka popscicle) or a Paddle Pop ice cream. Bliss!!


I remember when I was 17 and thinking about my first few months dating Z. We would be the uber cool kids, taking the train into the city and just hanging out. We didn’t really do anything special on our city dates, being students with student budgets and all, but I recall roaming the streets, holding hands, watching yet another movie or playing endless arcade games until we ran out of change and winning absolutely nothing. We would always visit the Crown complex and get huge ice creams and then just sit and talk. We’d share flavours (“here, have a lick”) and Z would always tease me and more often than not he would try to squash his ice cream in my face, just for a laugh. To this day, when we visit an ice cream shop, we still get huge ice creams, always getting different flavours so we can share and he still thinks his ice-cream-smooshed-in-my-face routine is funny!


I know that as life goes on, more and more ice cream memories will be made and my stomach and I are very much looking forward to them!


Salted Caramel Ice Cream


Drooooooooooooool. That’s all I can say about this ice cream. The flavours in this ice cream are AMAZING!! It’s sweet, little salty, crunchy and smooth all at once. An ice cream party in your mouth!


To make it, visit David Lebovitz’s website and find the ingredients and instructions here.


Enjoy!

"

No comments:

Post a Comment