Sunday, November 14, 2010

One-Ingredient Ice Cream

One-Ingredient Ice Cream: "

This just might be the most genius dessert ever - ice cream made from bananas. That's it - just bananas! You won't even need an ice cream maker. I tried it out this week and it's pretty good! Sure, it's not Cold Stone, but it is tasty and healthy at the same time. I was a bit worried when I started the food processor. It sounded like I was processing rocks, but it finally smoothed out into the consistency of soft-serve ice cream.

This would also be a great alternative for anyone who can't/doesn't eat dairy. And you can use up the bananas that always seem to get too ripe too fast.

I mixed a little chocolate syrup in mine, so technically I made two-ingredient ice cream. I'll be trying peanut butter next time.

I'm wondering - can you make this ahead and freeze? If you've tried that, leave me a comment and let me know. Also give me your mix-in ideas.

Source: The Kitchn

Ingredients:
Ripe Bananas

Directions:
Peel & slice the bananas into small pieces.

Freeze for just 1-2 hours (I did overnight).

Blend, blend, blend - scraping down the bowl when they stick.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment