Sunday, November 14, 2010

Peanut Butter Ice Cream

Peanut Butter Ice Cream: "

One of my favorite gifts we got for our wedding shower is our ice cream maker. We've tried several different flavors so far, and this is still my very favorite - peanut butter cup. This time, it's minus the 'cup'- just plain peanut butter ice cream. I took half of it and mixed in mini chocolate chips, and left the other half plain to freeze.

After seeing the Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream post in Taste & See, I was really wanted to try this fun combination. I mixed just a spoonful of grape jelly into a big scoop of the ice cream. So here we are today, just 4 degrees outside, eating ice cream (inside of course).



When you make this, be sure you spend some extra time on the treadmill while it's freezing. That's all I'm going to say about the fat content.

This recipe came from the manual of my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker.

Ingredients:
1 1/8 c. peanut butter
1/3 c. sugar
1 1/4 c. whole milk
2 c. heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
Mix the peanut butter and sugar together until well mixed. Add in the milk and mix until the sugar has disolved. Add the whipping cream and vanilla. Pour into ice cream maker and mix for 30 minutes.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment