Monday, November 22, 2010

Truffle Brownie Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites

Truffle Brownie Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites: "
Thanksgiving is around the corner, and I can honestly say, I am still a little obsessed with pumpkin. I cannot wait for pumpkin pie, I am making my pumpkin soup as I write this, and I am thinking about attempting some sort of pumpkin macaroon (have lots of egg whites on hand).

My Thanksgiving menu is already set and organized and I am not planning on adding to it. However, my kids are off from school this week and later today, we are meeting friends for a hike. Our plan is to go out for lunch after the hike, yet I knew everyone is going to end up back at our house to play for a bit. I wanted to have some snacks on hand. I whipped up these truffle brownie pumpkin cheesecake bites as I had some left over pumpkin puree in the fridge. Rather than making them in a 9x9" pan, I opted to make individuals in my silicone baking muffin pans. These are going to be the perfect compliment to a big bowl of pomegranate seeds and a white bean dip with roasted pita chips. Maybe, we will skip lunch all together and simply come home for the snacks!

Truffle Brownie + Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
yield: 28 mini bites

ingredients:
brownies:
4 0z. unsweetened cocoa
1 stick of butter, cubed
2 Tbls. unsweetened cocoa
1 Tbls. espresso powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
3 eggs
1 cup flour
cheesecake
8 oz. cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbls. flour
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

instructions:
• preheat oven to 350*
for the brownie layer:
• melt chocolate, butter, cocoa, and espresso powder in a bowl over simmering water.
• remove bowl from the heat and add the sugar, vanilla, and salt. add the egg and mix until smooth.
• fold in the flour.
• using a small ice cream scoop, scoop batter into individual muffin tins. set aside while you make the cheesecake
for the cheesecake layer:
• in the bowl of a standing mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
• add the sugar and combine
• add the egg and the vanilla and mix to combine
• mix in the remaining ingredients until fully incorporated.
• using the same ice cream scooper(cleaned, of course), scoop over brownie mixture and fill muffin cups almost to the top.
• using a toothpick or small skewer swirl the cheesecake mixture slightly to form a pattern with the brownie mixture.
• bake 20-25 minutes, rotating pans back to front mid through. brownie bites are done when the top of the cheesecake feels slightly firm to the touch.
• let cool on a wire rack. once cool, stick in the fridge for about 45 minutes. once totally firm, pop the brownie bites out of the muffin cups and enjoy!!



"

No comments:

Post a Comment