Sunday, November 14, 2010

Oh-Nuts! Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oh-Nuts! Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies: "
Sam from 'Oh-Nuts', sent me over a care package with a bunch of their products for me to try out. I was a little skeptical to be honest; I have a hugeeeee issue with packaged nuts, because for some reason, I always get stuck with the rancid ones. I was pleasantly surprised that the walnuts she sent me over were fresh, and tasted quite good-- good enough to put in my chocolate chip cookie recipe. I find that putting walnuts in my batch of cookies is hit or miss. I for one love them, but the discerning purists prefer the cookies without. The fix for this issue is simple: just leave them out.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup shortening (I really do hate shortening, but it melts at a higher temperature, which helps cookies from spreading)
  • 2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 4 tablespoons milk
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped

Directions:
1. Cream sugar into butter and shortening. Add milk and vanilla beat until fluffy. Blend in eggs, then add dry ingredients and mix until incorporated (DO NOT OVER MIX!!!). Stir in chips and nuts. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes; the longer, the better... but heck, who can wait?


2. Preheat oven to 350'F.

3. Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, drop the dough onto a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper, spacing the cookies 2' apart. Bake for 7-9 minutes for chewy cookies, or 10-13 for crispy cookies. Yum!!
"

No comments:

Post a Comment